Ohhh, this is a good one. After the somewhat underwhelming minor additions of the last patch, this week more than makes up for it. Brace yourself… We now have creature spawners! And a shooting gallery! Health for eliminations, scoreboard adjustments, UI changes — these are all only a small part of this week’s patch. We’ve got the full details below!
Ready to create some serious PvE challenges? Use the Creature Spawner to set up fiendish challenges for you and your friends.
Line up the targets and hone your skills using this new gallery available in Creative Mode!
A mythic melee weapon with a powerful sword slash! Grants health regeneration!
Poison Dart Trap
Fires Poison Dart projectiles. Targets hit by darts will receive a damage over time effect.
- Portals added in the Creative Hub to access the Battle Royale Island.
- Added a waterfall along the edges of the Playground Hub.
- Fixed an issue where spectating players would still be considered to be on the island, even after leaving.
- Fixed an issue with creative replays not properly showing the correct time of day.
- Fixed an issue where some trees and rocks were floating on the Volcano Island.
- Fixed an issue where waterfalls didn’t have sound effects on the Volcano Island.
- Fixed an issue where rocks were losing their material and defaulting to dark blue rocks on the Volcano Island.
- Known Issues:
- If you’re unable to build on the Volcano Island, the island setting “Unlimited Material” need to be set to On.
- Added siphon settings to Creative Game Settings.
- Health Granted on Eliminations – Mix of values from 0 to 1000.
- Wood/Stone/Metal Granted on Eliminations – Mix of values from 0 to 999.
- Added a new scoreboard for Creature Eliminations that tracks how many creatures you’ve eliminated.
- Added a new win condition – Creature eliminations to win, with a mix of values from 1 to 1000.
- Moved the Challenge gallery and Chest & Ammo gallery from the gallery tab to the devices tab in Creative inventory.
- The goal is for anything that is interactable to be in the devices tab.
- Organized the devices tab in the following order: Galleries, Traps, Vehicle Spawners, Spawners.
- Organized the consumables tab – Resources, Ammo, Health, Shields, Grenades, fort throwables, and the rest.
- Improved Islands to restore faster after a game has ended.
- Starting game now ensures all players have downloaded the key game data before starting. This fixes game start issues for players on slower connections.
- Texture data should be reappearing on all buildings that lost their texture data. Griptape Obstacle Course is now fixed!
- Fixed an issue where being eliminated and entering a vehicle at the same time would cause the player to lose most controls.
- Fixed Game Settings resetting if “My Island” menu was opened before the island was ready to start a game.
- Fixed an issue where the camera occasionally behaved oddly when starting and ending games.
- Fixed an issue where the camera behaved oddly after respawning.
- Fixed an issue where the spectator camera would occasionally get stuck in the sky when the spectated player respawns.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would occasionally flip upside down for a brief moment after respawning in the sky.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a strange state when respawning while the game ended.
- Fixed an issue where players would start games in building mode instead of holding their pickaxe.
- Fixed an issue where the Treasure Map could appear in Chests in Creative Mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found in the Weapons Tab in Creative Inventory.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow.
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players.
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Blade in Stone will be included in the next major release.
CREATIVE TOOLS + PHONE
- Coming to a future patch… Multi Select. With a button press you’ll be able to select multiple items with the phone to copy and place. This feature needed more to fix issues.
- Fixed a bug with the phone tool that made it difficult to see the object highlight when pointing at extremely bright objects.
- Fixed a bug where music blocks would prevent you from selecting other props behind them, even if pointing above the blocks themselves.
PREFABS + GALLERIES
- Added New Dirt, Grass and Cobblestone Floor Galleries.
- Grass is a flat grassy texture.
- 3D Grass Floor tech is currently a work in progress for the next major update!
- Grass is a flat grassy texture.
- Added a New Tropical Rock Gallery.
- Updated the Volcano Rock Gallery to include additional rocks.
- Updated the Ring Gallery to include more lighted beams and a lighted grate.
- Added new General Props Gallery A and Gallery B.
- Large rock in the Tropical Rock Gallery has lava rock textures. This will be addressed in a future patch.
- Ice Cliff Gallery pieces, when selected with phone, are way up in the air, which makes placement difficult. We’re working on a solution for a future patch.
- Ice Cliff Gallery pieces have jump collision issues.
- Particle props will now delete when resetting the Island.
- Ice Cliff Gallery pieces will no longer be destroyed when building through them.
- Fixed an issue where certain particle props would begin flickering when many particles were placed. The visual effects remained visible even after deleted or island restart.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Lava Tiles Gallery’ had invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue where the spark particle visual effects flickered when walked through.
- Fixed an issue where the collision bounds for Visualizer Gallery pieces are much higher than the pieces themselves.
- Removed the consumable apples from the ‘Cozy Cabin’ prefab. They weren’t working correctly in Creative and will be added back once we’ve resolved the issues.
- Fixed an issue where the Jungle Temple Gallery has no green inner corners.
- Fixed an issue where the grass was clipping through some props or assets in the Mine Cart Gallery, Industrial Gallery A, Cabins Prop Gallery and General Gallery A.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Cabin Prop Gallery’ had an invisible collision when deployed above ground.
- Creature Spawner
- Spawn up to 20 creatures at a time on your island.
- Select from 6 types of creatures, from a normal fiend, up to a Megabrute.
- Set the number of creatures to spawn from 1 to 20.
- Set the total available number to spawn from 1 to infinite.
- Set how fast they should spawn with the wave timer from 1 second to 5 minutes.
- Set how close the player needs to be for the spawner to activate from 1 tile to 15 tiles.
- Set distance away from players for the creature(s) to despawn between 1-15 tiles.
- Set various properties on the spawner: Visibility, Invincibility, Destroying pieces on spawn, and Spawn effects.
- Set the number of tiles from the spawner the creatures should spawn from 2 to 6. Currently, this is limited to creatures spawning exactly that distance away from the spawner. A future update will allow creatures to spawn in more confined spaces.
- Limited to having 32 spawners per island.
- Known Issues
- Creatures will sometimes get stuck on indestructible pieces.
- Generating the AI navigation map can take a long time. Players may see long loading times on really complex islands.
- Music Sequencer doesn’t always eliminate Creatures.
- Shooting Gallery
- Select from 14 different types of shooting targets with 12 options that can be set to create a different play.
- Targets can be either stationary or on a moving rail. Moving rail targets are limited to 200 for performance.
- Use the Total Score scoreboard type for building Shooting Gallery games.
- Set the score per target from -20 to 20 for when it’s knocked down.
- Set score multiplier for hitting the bullseye when knocking the target down.
- Set which team receives a score for knocking down the target.
- Set the amount of health a target has before it’s knocked down from 1 to 5000.
- Set the amount of time it takes for a knocked down target to reset from, Never Reset, 2 to 600 seconds.
- Set the maximum number of times a target will pop back up from infinite, 1 to 10.
- Set a time delay to hide: Off, 1 second to 20 minutes.
- Set the starting position up or down.
- Set proximity from the player for a target to pop up. Once activated target will stay up unless a time to hide is set.
- Set the hinge location base or center.
- Set the bullseye to instantly knock down the target to on/off.
- Make your targets move up and down with Hop Time: 0.5 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Known Issues
- Targets spawned from the gallery will reset to the Standing target if they are not modified or copied with the phone when a player leaves and rejoins their island.
- Hitting the bullseye will not cause critical damage multiplier on the Standing target and Round targets.
- If a thrown device grenade reaches the maximum quantity limitation for the moving targets, the spawning targets will replace the earliest placed ones.
- Added new options for the Team Settings & Inventory device.
- Spawn Location – Sky, Spawnpads
- Spawns – Infinite, 1 to 10
- After Last Spawn Go To – Spectator, Team 1 – Team 16
- Drop Items on Death – On, Off
- Health granted on elimination – Mix of values from 0 to 1000
- Wood / Stone/ Metal granted on elimination – Mix of values from 0 to 999
- Creature Eliminations To Win – Off, Mix of values from 1 to 1000
- Instant Reload – Weapons do not require reload animations upon depleting magazines.
- Poison Dart Trap
- Available in Uncommon Rarity
- Can be placed on walls, floors, and ceilings
- Can be triggered up to three grid cells away
- Fires Poison Dart projectiles a distance of three horizontal grid cells (four vertical grid cells)
- Targets hit by darts will receive a damage-over-time effect that applies damage directly to health, bypassing any shields.
- 10 health damage per tick
- 8 total ticks over 7 seconds for a total damage of 80
- Subsequent hits will refresh the duration of the effect, but the amount of damage per tick does not change.
- Added new material options for the barrier: Space Black, Gloss Black, Sky Blue, Red Forcefield, and Blue Forcefield.
- Challenge Gallery and Treasure Gallery have been moved to the Devices Tab.
- Fixed an issue where damage Traps (ie. Spikes) would trigger on players and vehicles when a game was not active.
- Fixed an issue where unmanned vehicles would trigger elimination audio cues when sitting in the Elimination Zone and Music Sequencer.
- Fixed an issue where players who are unaffected by a damage volume device would trigger elimination audio cues.
- Fixed an issue where Music Sequencer damage option was causing loud sound effects.
- Fixed an issue where the Music Sequencer damage sound effect was triggered when the player was standing close to it.
- Fixed an issue where the Sentry would trigger multiple hit sound effects from the Music Sequencer, when damage was turned on.
- Fixed an issue where teams were able to destroy their own Objective Device while boosting with a Quadcrasher.
- Fixed an issue where player-built wooden floors would clip through Player Spawn and Player Checkpoint Plate.
- Fixed an issue where the Max Initial Team Size setting on the Team Settings & Inventory device wouldn’t apply as intended when set to Unlimited.
UI + SOCIAL
- Improved the loading experience when joining and leaving games.
- Allow games to start only after the Island has fully loaded.
- Smoothed the transition of fade-in and fade-out of loading screens.
- Changed the “Leave Match” button to “Leave Playground” when in Playground mode.
- HUD indicators for Devices/Traps placed on Islands are now hidden.
- HUD elements are now hidden when transitioning into and out of games.
- Improved transitioning to spectator mode when a game has “join in progress” disabled.
- Replaced the lighting bolt in triangle with an exclamation point in triangle for damage zones.
- Fixed an issue where the mobile HUD stayed visible during game transitions.
- Updated string in Creative Mutator to say “Return to Hub” instead of “Return to Creative Hub” as the menu option has changed names.
- Fixed an issue where some game UI elements would sometimes not appear correctly.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t notified when they joined a game as a spectator.
- Fixed an issue where Device tooltips appeared while playing a game in Playground.
- Fixed an issue where rich presence wasn’t clarifying whether a player was in Playground or Creative when selecting a server.
- Fixed an issue where the Hub was still being referred to as the “Creative Hub”.
- Fixed a misspelling in the My Island menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Sky spawn location was referred to as “air”.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally remain on the “Restoring Island” screen after a game ends.
- Fixed an issue where game settings would get set to defaults if the player open and closed the My Creative Island menu after entering their island.
PERFORMANCE + STABILITY
- Fixed various stability issues.
Are you excited about the new additions? Let us know in the comments!